YEAR: 2015 URL: hyperisland.com/toolbox
Hyper Island is a creative business school and consultancy specializing in real-world industry training using digital technology. Offices or campuses in Sweden, Brazil, UK, US, and Singapore.
Global education company, Hyper Island, had 70+ tools and methods sitting on Google Drive unused. They wanted to turn them into an open source toolbox to be shared with the world.
Lead Product Designer
Prepared project plan and resource allocation.
Lead design workshops with developers and internal team.
Delivered UX, service design, graphic design, and branding.
Created 100+ illustrations/icons.
The objective was to create an online open source product from 70 text documents. As much as I love the freedom of creativity, this work needed a design system and style guide to keep it on track.
1. Review assets, interview stakeholders, complete project plan, and present it to client.
2. Project plan approved! Make a sitemap, compile a list of features needed in the product and build out wireframe templates.
3. Facilitate workshop with developers and HI's design team, create consensus on hierarchy and priorities (team decided to make a fluid grid with responsive design). Assemble flowchart.
4. Collect feedback. Test on multiple devices. Iterate. Repeat.
5. Compile final design and packaging (style guide and red-lines). Then the hand off! Devs to do their magic.
If you're still reading this, thanks for caring about the design process!